# How to Reuse Last Entered Values
Reusing last entered values of selected attributes can make digitising of similar features in Mergin Maps Input faster. When attributes are marked for reuse, the values from the last feature are already entered when a new feature is created.
# Reuse last value option
To allow this functionality, follow these steps:
- Open your project from the home screen
- Click on three dots to open a menu and navigate to Settings
- Toggle on
Reuse last value option
- Go back to map
- Click Record and create a new feature
- In the form you will see checkboxes next to attributes. Here, we have three editable attributes (besides
fid). Check the attributes, which values you want to reuse in features you will create next. In our case, we checked the
Value. Save the feature.
- When creating another feature, the checked attributes in the form will contain the values from the previous feature.
You can use the
Reuse last value option across multiple layers. Mergin Maps Input will remember attributes for each layer separately.
This feature was inspired by QGIS functionality called Reuse last entered attribute values.