# Mergin Maps Mobile App Interface
Below is a description of various items within the user interface of Mergin Maps mobile app.
The map can be moved by dragging around and zoomed in/out by pinching open/close. Tapping on a feature displays the attributes form.
Projects tab is where you can create a new project, upload it to the cloud, synchronise changes to Mergin Maps, or remove a local project from your device.
- Home: a list of all downloaded projects on your device. Only downloaded projects can be opened in the app.
- Projects: a list of project you have access to in the current workspace
- Explore: a list of public projects that are hosted on Mergin Maps
# Mergin Maps account
Your Mergin Maps account can be accessed by tapping the icon on the top right of the Projects screen.
When signed in, you will see the overview of your profile and storage use in My Account.
Here you can:
- Switch workspace to switch between your workspaces
- click on Subscriptions to go to app.merginmaps.com where you can manage your subscriptions
- Sign out to switch to a different account
- Delete your account within the app
Be careful! If you delete your account, you will lose access to your Mergin Maps projects both on the mobile device and on the server.
Tapping the GPS button centres the map to your current position.
Pressing and holding the GPS button turns on / turns off the GPS auto-centre mode.
GPS signal colour on the map denotes the accuracy threshold set by the user within the Mergin Maps mobile app in GPS settings. GPS accuracy is displayed at the bottom of the map.
Tapping the GPS accuracy tab opens the GPS info panel:
- Source: internal GPS of the mobile device or external GPS receiver connected via Bluetooth
- Longitude, Latitude: current position
- X, Y: current position in project's coordinate reference system
- Horizontal and Vertical accuracy of the GPS position
- Altitude: ellipsoidal height if internal GPS is used. External GPS devices usually return orthometric heights (ellipsoid with the geoid separation applied).
- Satellites (in use/view): number of satellites
- Last fix: time of the last received GPS position
Record tab is where you can survey new features.
The active layer currently used for survey is displayed above the bottom navigation panel. Tapping on it opens a list of all editable layers in the project.
How to Add, Edit, Delete Features will show you how to capture points, lines and polygons in Mergin Maps mobile app as well as how to edit their geometry and attributes.
The sync button can be used to synchronise changes.
If automatic synchronisation of changes is allowed in the Settings, this button will indicate that synchronisation is in progress.
Pressing and holding the sync button opens the Project status window where you can see pending changes.
# Zoom to project, Browse features, Map themes, Settings
More tab contains a list of additional options:
- Zoom to project: a shortcut to zoom to the extent of all visible layers within the project. The project extent can be set during project preparation in QGIS.
- Local changes: see changes yet to be synchronised
- Layers: manage the visibility of specific layers, see layers legend, browse features in the layers
- Map themes: a list of map themes set up in a Mergin Maps project in QGIS
# GPS settings
- Follow GPS with map: if toggled on, the map will pan so the GPS point can be seen on the map
- GPS accuracy: shows the current GPS accuracy based on the Accuracy threshold using traffic light system:
- green: GPS accuracy within the threshold
- orange: GPS accuracy outside the threshold
- red: no GPS position fix available
- Accuracy threshold: value used to display GPS accuracy colours
- Show accuracy warning: if toggled on, a warning will be displayed when recording while the accuracy is lower than Accuracy threshold
- Select GPS receiver: option to switch between internal GPS and external GPS receiver connected via Bluetooth. See External GPS for more details.
- GPS antenna height: the height of a GPS device
# Streaming mode and recording settings
Streaming mode can be used when surveying lines or polygons to capture vertices based on the GPS location.
- Interval type: the type of interval in streaming mode, can be set to Time elapsed or Distance travelled .
- Line rec. interval the interval of recording vertices in Streaming mode
- Reuse last value option if used, last entered values of selected attributes will be automatically filled in when creating a new feature. See How to reuse last value option for more details.
- Automatically sync changes if used, local changes will be synchronised automatically.